Sunday, February 15, 2015

Finalizing Trip Dates and Plans

Dates are now nailed down. I'm leaving Austin on Wednesday evening, June 10th and driving as fast as I can to East Florida - final launching point TBD. We have rented a house in Marsh harbor with our friends Scott and Teri along with their daughter Camille. The rental starts on Tuesday, June 16th and checkout is on Tuesday, June 23rd. It is a great house on the East Shores.



As you will see elsewhere in this site, I met a now friend, Bill Coxwell, in Rockport, Texas in March of 2013. Bill has done many trips to the Bahamas and has recommended a few things that I am now pursuing for the trip:
  • Store car and trailer in Stuart, FL at the local Corsair trimaran dealer, Finish Line of the Treasure Coast. I've reached out to the owner, Steve Marsh, but I don't have this nailed down yet. I may end up paying storage somewhere a little farther south to shorten the sailing distance to West End.
  • Sail from Stuart, FL to West End on the first day.
  • Sail from West End as far East as I can reasonably get during daylight hours. 
I'm hoping I can make it to our rental house at Marsh Harbor on my third day out - four days worst case. So, if I leave Florida by the 12th, I should be at the house by the 16th. The total distance from Stuart, FL to our house dock in Marsh Harbor is 191 nautical miles per the route below.


I'll start heading back to Florida on the 23rd of June, and I hope to be back in Stuart, Florida by Friday, June 26th at the lastest. Then, I'll need to pack up the boat and get on the road back to Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment