Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday, 6/12 - Finally underway!

The drive from Lafayette, LA to Stuart, FL seemed to go on forever yesterday. I didn't get to sleep until 1am, and I got up at 7 am to meet up with Steve Marsh, owner of The Finish Line - a Corsair and Seawind dealer in Stuart. My car and trailer will be at Steve's place for the next two weeks.

After meeting with Steve, I headed to the launch ramp to get setup. John from Rockport Yacht Club is getting ready to head over as well, and he graciously volunteered to help me get Ama Mama ready to go.

I helped John put up his mast as well, and then I headed out at 330pm to see if I could make it to Palm Beach before sunset tonight. That's where I am now, but since the wind is against me, I think I'll be getting in after dark again. :-( I'm currently motor sailing south at about 5 knots and over 15 miles to go. Hopefully I'll get some good rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment