Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday, 6/22 - Getting Ready to Head Back


I had a few things I needed to take care of to get ready for the sail back. So, I requested the everyone head out for the day while I took care of business. There were a few things to tweak on the boat, and I need to provision for the three to four day trip to Florida.

The gang chose to head for Green Turtle Cay, and I was very glad they did. As they were cruising around GTC in a rented golf cart, guess who they ran into? That's right, Bill. They got the long sought after auto-pilot from Bill and kept it a secret from me when I met up with them later that day. Here's some pics from GTC ...



The opening picture of this post is actually from Treasure Cay. After the Gang had spent most of the morning at GTC, I met up with them and we ventured over to Treasure Cay to check out the beach. Treasure Cay is considered by some to be one of the world's top 10 beaches. I must say it was a rather nice beach, but for me, it lacked character and charm. So, we just hung out at the pool.


When we got back to our house it was time for more packing, pictures and dinner.


After the sun set, Rey offered to take the boys out for one last fishing adventure. While the mainland was hammered by a rain storm, we were rocking out on the Sea of Abaco pulling in grouper, snapper, grunt, and yellow. This was in the top five fishing outings of my life! I packed all of the fish you see below on ice and brought them home. We'll be eating fish for months!


No comments:

Post a Comment